Faculty Travel Grants
Faculty Travel Grants
The European Studies Consortium is able to provide funds for travel to University of Minnesota Twin Cities Campus faculty. These grants are for projects that further development of new curricular content or the building of partnerships in Western, Central or Eastern Europe. Grants will be made on a competitive basis. Successful applications will receive up to $1000 in travel support. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition by email.
Applications will be accepted beginning September 3, 2013.
Deadlinehas been extended for all applications to April 15, 2014.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Projects that internationalize or expand opportunities to integrate foreign languages into the curriculum. Funding to be used for the collection of materials to update courses on Europe or European cultures, or for the collection of curricular resources that would allow students to utilize their foreign language skills in area studies courses.
- Travel to develop collaborative research and (or) curriculum for sustainable partnerships with European institutions or colleagues.
- Download and complete the application form.
- Include a one-page proposalwith a description of the proposed travel, describing your research, curriculum goals. Please list institutions and organizations you are seeking to form partnerships for resources, creating content for future courses or other opportunities utilizing the above criteria.
- Individuals are eligible for onlyonetravel award per year.
- Please send completed applications and proposal to Jodi Elowitz, ESC Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Awardees should complete a University Travel Authorization form and register international travel in the GPS Alliance International Travel Registry before departure.
- Receipts for travel must be provided when claiming or documenting travel costs.
- Requests for reimbursements must be submitted within 2 weeks of return from travel to the European Studies Consortium program coordinator.
- After travel a syllabus of the course utilizing the resources and research you acquired during your travels must be submitted to the ESC program coordinator.